Terms & Conditions of Tuition at International School of Music Kalgoorlie
Agreement to these Terms & Conditions is a requirement of your enrolment
• Payment for the term is required on or before the first lesson of that term.
• There is a term commitment for all lessons.
• If you are planning to discontinue lessons, please inform the Director immediately.
• Direct debit is available (forms at front door), as are private payment arrangements. Please contact the Director to discuss these options.
• New students may be asked for a $50.00 deposit to secure their place in a class. Deposits are non-refundable and are deducted from the first term’s invoice.
• In the event of the account being in default and being referred to an external party for collection the customer shall be liable for all resulting costs arising from the recovery, including commission which would be payable if the account is paid in full and legal costs including demand costs
• TRIAL LESSONS - You may trial a lesson provided there is space in the class and no waitlist. You will not be charged for the single lesson, however, if you choose to continue with a term's enrolment after the trial, the trial lesson will be added to your invoice. Any relevant materials will not be given in the trial lesson until a commitment is received. Trial lessons must be organised ahead of time with the director.
• No refunds will be given.
• Missed lessons will not be credited unless the teacher is unable to teach the class.
Student sickness/early holidays/change of mind etc. does not qualify for refund of tuition. This policy applies for both group and private lessons.
• Materials costs will not be refunded if the student discontinues lessons before completing the course.
• Invoices will not be adjusted under any circumstances.
• New Jitterbugs and Beebopper students receive one complimentary music bag. If this bag is lost, broken, or stolen, no free replacement will be made by ISM Kalgoorlie. Additional bags can be purchased at a cost of $10.00
• New Pianorama, Adult Piano and Singing students receive one ISM Kalgoorlie branded Satchel as part of their enrolment fee. If this bag is lost, broken or stolen, no free replacement will be made by ISM Kalgoorlie. Additional bags can be purchased at a cost of $25.00
• Materials are an essential part of our courses and must be purchased. If a student joins a class
part-way through the course, the student must purchase the full materials.
• If a student withdraws from lessons, the materials will not be accepted back/refunded
• Due to copyright and intellectual property laws, each student must purchase their own new copy of the course materials (including CDs) from International School of Music Kalgoorlie. Siblings, friends and family members may not share materials.
• Pianorama students must have their own piano or keyboard for home practice before commencing lessons.
• Buying or renting an instrument is an expense additional to the fees and is the responsibility of the student’s family. Contact the Director for more information and for the ISM Kalgoorlie requirements for your instrument or read about our requirements here.
Siblings & Parent attendance
Morning Classes – Baby Music, Jitterbugs, Beebopper & Pianorama Junior (Kindy)
• A parent/guardian must accompany and particpate with the child during the lesson.
• Siblings may attend if necessary but will never be included in the class activities or given instruments/crayons. It is the parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to take the sibling out if they are crying or causing a distraction.
• ISM programmes are aurally based and it is important that the students are able hear and concentrate at all times. Please do not take offence if your teacher asks you to take a sibling out of the class – they are prioritising the learning of the students in the class.
Afternoon Pianorama Classes – Pianorama Junior (Age 5+), Pianorama Primary, SingMix, SingMT
• Parent/guardian attendance is optional but encouraged. No parent/guardian participation is required. Siblings may not attend.
Food & Drink / Keeping Clean
• No food and drink is permitted inside the classrooms with the exception of bottled water, which may remain in classrooms in the designated area only (not near the pianos).
• Please do not touch the instruments with dirty hands. Wash your hands before you enter the classroom.
• Any damage caused to our instruments must be compensated for (repair or replacement) at the request of the Director.
• Disruptive and/or disrespectful behaviour during ISM Kalgoorlie classes will not be tolerated and offending students may be asked to leave the school at the discretion of the teacher and/or Director.
• We may take photos/video during class or performances for use on our website, print advertising, Facebook, Instagram etc. If you do not wish to have your child photographed please contact the Director.